Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Introducing..Me...finally

Hello There
Well I've had this blog for a while now and I just recently decided to start actually blogging, thanks to some inspiration from crochetville.


I've only been crocheting since September 2009.

I've made many items, But of all the Items, the 2 I am most proud of are my Scripture Blankets.


I made my mother in law and Sister in law scripture blankets.


My mother in law's blanket was the first and I made it because she was really the one who taught me to crochet.


The Scripture is Phillipians 4:13


I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me





I made these blankets using a filet crochet graph. But instead of any gaps, I simply changed the colors on the blanket. To make the graph took me a good while, but I LOVE dc Method, so I loved making this blanket.


The blanket ended up coming out to a Queen Size blanket, it fell over on the sides well, and its super warm!


Of course when I gave it to her, She LOVED it! She was soo surprised that I made it. And well, that was all the thanks I needed


The blanket took me about 3 months to make. I started in Early January and Finished it in March. And thanks to the ladies at my crochet class "The Knit Wits" I enjoyed this very much.



After my Sister saw my Mom's blanket, she of course wanted one! Which I kept telling her I wouldnt make. She would call me every once in a while and the topic would come up but I kept telling her I had tons of other projects. Which wasn't a complete lie, because I did! As any Crocheter knows, you can never have only 1 project!!



So begun my sister's blanket. This blanket only took 1 month, because I put all other projects aside **5 to be exact** and started on her blanket. I worked on it every available moment!



We went to the Valley to surprise mom for mother's day because we hadn't seen her in months, I had the blankets in boxes, and I told my sister I bought her present, which wasn't a lie because I did buy all the yarn! So when she opened it she loved it!


You know, the one thing I love most about Crocheting is the gratitude and accomplishment that comes with it. Never in a million years did I think I could crochet, let alone make blankets! It feels good to know that your work is appreciated as well. I love to crochet, it's a stress reliever and it's a hobby that is well worth it!


Well that's a little of what I've done. What's your biggest accomplishment?


Stay Tuned....

1 comment:

  1. I love your scripture blankets! I am sure they will continue to bring joy and inspiration to those you gave them to for many, many years. You are doing an amazing job especially since you just began last year! Well done!

    --DebraKay

    ReplyDelete